Whisk holiday preview sale - great deals on everything in the store - through sunday, nov. 19th
Roma Tomato and Grilled Zucchini Bruschetta
Appetizers & Small Plates
Date: June 6, 2017
- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1 zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup goat cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- Brush each slice of baguette with olive oil and bake for 5 minutes at 400°F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the goat cheese on high speed until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Transfer the goat cheese to a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Put the heavy cream in the bowl of the stand mixer and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold the goat cheese mixture into the cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the zucchini in long strips. Either grill or pan sauté the strips of zucchini. Dice the strips into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the Roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Let the mixture set for at least 15 minutes.
- To serve, divide the bruschetta over the baguette pieces. Top with the goat cheese and cream mixture.