We're fully stocked with new items for Fall cooking and baking. Come look!
Date: June 10, 2017
- 2 cups + ½ cup water (556g)
- ½ teaspoon instant yeast (4g)
- 3 cups + ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons bread flour (523g)
- 2 cups + ¼ cup rye flour (227g)
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour (36g)
- 1 teaspoon salt (15g)
- ¼ teaspoon caraway seed (7g)
- Mix all ingredients in a stand mixer at it's slowest speed for 3 minutes.
- Continue mixing for 3 more minutes on 2nd speed.
- Allow to dough ferment for 1.5 hours, folding after 45 minutes.
- Divide into two 24 ounce (680g) loaves and shape the dough and allow dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Allow dough to proof for 60 minutes.
- Bake bread at 480°F for 45 minutes—15-20 of those minutes with steam. (You may use a water bath or toss ice cubes at the bottom of the oven to create steam.)
Yield: 2 Loaves