Kickoff the new year with one of our unique cooking classes!
Slow Cooked Mojo Pork
Date: October 26, 2016
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime (2 tablespoons)
- Juice of 1 orange (2 tablespoons)
- 3 to 3½ pound boneless pork shoulder
- Mix the oil, salt, cumin, oregano, black pepper, red pepper, garlic, lime juice and orange juice in a small bowl.
- Make slits in the pork with a paring knife and rub liberally all over with the oil mixture.
- Place the pork in a slow cooker and top with the remaining juices from the bowl. Cover and cook on low until tender, flipping once halfway through, about 6 hours.
- Remove from the slow cooker and let cool slightly. Shred the pork into thick chunks with 2 forks. Set the pork aside and keep warm in the cooking liquid.
Yields: 6 to 8 servings