Enjoy 20% off Schmidt Bros. BBQ Tools Through June 30!
Slow Roasted Tomato Gratin
Appetizers & Small Plates
Date: February 12, 2016
- 4 slices Italian bread, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pecorino or parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 large meaty tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a heavy baking dish, brush with olive oil to fully coat. Place bread in a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs appear. Add garlic, oil and cheese and pulse to combine.
- Spread seasoned breadcrumbs on a parchment lined baking sheet to toast 5 minuets until lightly brown.
- Layer tomato slices in baking dish, sprinkling the layers with fresh basil, salt and pepper. Bake tomatoes for 10 minutes, and then top with toasted breadcrumbs. Bake an additional 10 minutes, serve warm.
Yields: 6 servings