Kickoff the new year with one of our unique cooking classes!
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
Appetizers & Small Plates
Date: June 5, 2017
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup finely chopped smoked salmon (2 ounces)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cornichons, cut into ¼" dice
- 2 teaspoons cornichon pickling liquid (from jar)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher Salt
- Old Bay seasoning, for sprinkling
- In a large saucepan, cover the eggs with water and bring to a vigorous boil. Cover the saucepan, remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain off the water and shake the pan gently to crack the eggs. Cool the eggs slightly under cold running water then peel them under running water. Pat dry.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove the yolks. Transfer the yolks to a bowl and mash well with a fork. Stir in the salmon, mayonnaise, cornichons, cornichon liquid and Dijon mustard.
- Season with salt. Mound the filling in the egg white halves and sprinkle with Old Bay. Serve lightly chilled.
Yield: 16 Halves