Whisk Oktoberfest!! 20% off German knives, cookware, bakeware, and more. Now through September 24th!
Smoky Israeli Couscous Salad
Date: October 26, 2016
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups (8 ounces) Israeli couscous
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves, chopped coarse
- 12 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces feta, coarsely crumbled into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, drained, chopped coarse
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the dressing (Use Step 2):
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl until smooth.
- For the Couscous (Use Steps 4 - 11)
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan, cook the couscous, stirring frequently, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and the salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the couscous is just tender and the liquid is absorbed, 9 to 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix together the spinach, tomatoes, cheese, jarred peppers, parsley, almonds and mint in a large bowl.
- Add the couscous and the dressing.
- Toss until all the ingredients are coated.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and serve.
Note: Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis