This sauce is quick to make and pairs great with Crab Cakes or Grilled Shrimp.
Spicy Red Pepper & Key Lime Sauce
Appetizers & Small Plates
Date: January 19, 2016
- ½ cup roasted red pepper, diced
- Olive oil for sauteeing
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (less for lower heat)
- ¼ cup key lime juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 Tablespoons (one stick) unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Warm skillet over medium – medium high heat with approximately 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add roasted red peppers, garlic, salt, and cayenne. Sautee for one minute.
- Add key lime juice and bring to a simmer. Add cream and return to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk or stir in butter until melted. Add chopped parsley. Keep warm over very low heat until ready to serve over Perfect Crab Cakes or your dish of choice.
Nellie and Joe’s is a good bottled brand of key lime juice. It's found in cocktail mixers section of stores.
Jarred red peppers work well in this recipe.