We're open for shopping on Saturday, September 15th. If you were evacuated from the coast, bring your id. You get 20% OFF!
Toasted Pecan Canapes
Appetizers & Small Plates, Main Courses
Jay White/Jennifer Seay
Date: October 26, 2016
- 1 basic waffle recipe
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1 recipe Whipped Honey Goat Cheese
- 3 ounces thin pre-sliced proscuitto
- 1 cup store bought fig preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare waffle batter and let it rest.
- Meanwhile toast pecans in hot oven for 5-7 minutes. Cool and coarsely chop.
- Raise heat of oven to 400 degrees. Place slices of proscuitto on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, until crispy. Cool and set aside.
- Heat waffle iron and brush lightly with oil, or use cooking spray.
- Ladle batter into hot iron and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the pecans over the batter.
- Cook until golden brown. Repeat this process until desired amount of waffles are made.
- Spread Whipped Honey Goat Cheese over waffles.
- Scatter pieces of the proscuitto over the cheese.
- Cut waffles into desired size and garnish each canape with a dollop of the fig preserve.
Related Recipes: Whipped Honey Goat Cheese and Basic Waffle Recipes
Yield: 12-15 Canapes