Enjoy 20% off Schmidt Bros. BBQ Tools Through June 30!
Ultimate Mashed Potatoes
Date: February 12, 2016
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, left whole
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2-3/4 cups half and half, warmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- ¼ cup chives, sliced thin
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks and add potatoes to a large saucepan.
- Cover with well salted cold water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes completely and return to saucepan.
- Mash potatoes with ricer, food mill or potato masher until they are as smooth as you desire.
- Start with about 1/2 cup of the half and half and all of the butter. Continue adding half and half until the consistency is just right.
- Stir in bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chives.
Yields 6-8 Servings