Kickoff the new year with one of our unique cooking classes!
Date: March 31, 2016
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped and reserved
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 5 tbsp. light rum
- Fresh raspberries, optional garnish
- Fresh mint springs, optional garnish
- Heat oven to 300°.
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar, salt, eggs, and vanilla seeds.
- Whisk in cream and rum.
- Transfer mixture to a 3-qt. baking dish; set inside a roasting pan.
- Put pan on oven rack; pour boiling water into pan to come halfway up sides of dish.
- Bake until slightly loose in center, 40–50 minutes.
- Remove dish from pan; chill until set.
- Remove from refrigerator approximately 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint spring.
- Can also be made in individual ramekins.
Yields: 8-10 Servings