Kickoff the new year with one of our unique cooking classes!
Vegetable, Ham & Gruyere Cups
Appetizers & Small Plates
Date: June 5, 2017
- ½ pound asparagus, chopped into very small pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 10 slices of bread, crusts removed
- ¼ pound Gruyere cheese, shredded
- ¼ pound Parmesan, freshly shredded
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme leaves
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard (Dijon)
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, cooled slightly
- ½ pound deli ham, finely diced
- Butter 24 cupcake molds and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Layer asparagus and pepper on baking sheet. Top with capers, drizzle with olive oil, dust with sale and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except ham and roasted vegetables.
- Transfer processed ingredients to a large bowl; gently fold in chopped ham and roasted vegetables.
- Fill muffin tins at least ¾ full and place on baking sheet (to capture anything that might spill).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and there is a slight jiggle to the middle. Allow cups to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 24 muffin-sized cups