Whisk holiday preview sale - great deals on everything in the store - through sunday, nov. 19th
Veggie Hotel California with Seasoned CousCous
Date: October 26, 2016
- Black and White Sesame Seeds
- Japanese Seasoned Panko with Garlic Flakes
- 5 pounds Ebi Shrimp
- Crab Meat
- Wasabi Mayo
- Rice Vinegar
- Organic Honey
- Chili Infused Rice Paper
- Red Chili Flakes
- Eel Sauce
- Sweet Chili Mayo
- Set Up (Use Steps 2-7):
- 1 box of Cous Cous Prepared as directed- pretty simple, just heat up water, add CousCous and Cavenders Greek seasoning to taste.
- Red and Green Bell Peppers Sliced lengthwise, 1/4 inch thick.
- Cucumbers- washed with skin still on, seeded, and sliced long ways, 1/2 inch thick.
- Carrots will be ready to go, just need to be rinsed.
- Pea Sprouts - will be all ready, just rinse and dry off.
- Cream Cheese- Sliced off of the block, about 1/2 inch thick, cut long ways. Will prep up enough for the 2 rolls that call for it, 3 packages of cream cheese.
- Instructions (Use Steps 9-17)
- Seaweed down, rice on the full sheet of Seaweed.
- Add red and green bell peppers, 3 pieces each.
- Add cream cheese in front of the peppers.
- Add cucumbers in front of cream cheese, so it's covered on both sides.
- Add pea sprouts, then roll up.
- Place bamboo mat over the top of the roll, and press in a "D" shape, making sure that the seam is facing down on the cutting board, put bamboo mat on each end, and push flush with the mat. Remove mat.
- Add Saran Wrap, place bamboo mat back on the roll, and press firmly, but not squeezing.
- Take knife and slice into 8-10 pieces, depending on preference, as they will be big.
- Add seasoned couscous to the top, and serve.
- Mountain Ring of Fire Roll (Use Steps 19-29):
- Shrimp will need to be de-tailed, rinsed off and press dried.
- Cream cheese was prepped beforehand - see above.
- Wet chili infused rice paper, until pliable, but not completely gooey, for maybe 20 seconds, with room temperature water.
- Place 3 shrimp down, into the chili paper, heads to the left, then stagger them to the right, head to tail.
- Place cream cheese on top of shrimp, stretching out with fingers to the length of the roll.
- Place 3 more shrimp on top of the cream cheese, roll up with mat into "D" shape.
- Set aside, place mat down, and then place 1 full sheet of seaweed down.
- With your hand, dip into a bowl of water, and moisten the entire sheet of seaweed, then place the first roll at the end of the seaweed, and roll up before the seaweed crinkles up, place seam side down.
- Add red chili flakes to pieces.
- Cut into 8 pieces, top with wasabi mayo, and eel sauce.
- Kewpie and Sriracha are also optional.
- Crunch and Munch Shrimp Roll (Use Steps 31-38):
- Place 1 piece of seaweed down on the bamboo mat.
- Add rice on the entire sheet leaving one inch from the top open.
- Add 3 shrimp to the rice, staggering head to tail.
- Add cucumber on top of the rice.
- Add 3 more shrimp to the top, staggering the same as on the bottom.
- Add crunchy topping to the inside and roll up, into a "D" shape, pressing firmly but not squeezing.
- Cut into 8-10 pieces to your preference, and add more Crunchy topping to the top.
- Add kewpie and eel Sauce to the top.
These recipes were from a Sushi making class!