White Chocolate Cranberry Quick Bread
Date: June 9, 2017
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 6 oz GOOD white chocolate (not chips!), melted
- ½ cup neutral oil
- 6 ounces plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cranberries
- --Streusel Topping--
- ½ cup toasted nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt).
- In a stand mixer, mix together the brown sugar, white chocolate, vegetable oil, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and eggs. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold the cranberries into the batter. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and set aside.
- Mix together the streusel ingredients until fully combined. Using your hands, sprinkle the streusel evenly over the loaf, covering it entirely.
- Bake the loaf for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center. If your streusel begins to get golden before the first 30 minutes of cooking, gently cover the top of the loaf with tin foil. This will prevent excess browning.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then drizzle with melted white chocolate. Cut into pieces and serve.