NEW! Le Creuset Spring Collection–preorder your cocotte today!
Wild Mushroom Crostini
Appetizers & Small Plates
Date: March 29, 2016
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf French baguette, 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and left whole
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F. Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet and toast for about 8 minutes, until golden. Rub each piece of bread with the whole garlic clove while warm.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil. Cook without stirring until the mushrooms are browned on the bottom, 2 minutes. Add the shallots, minced garlic and thyme, lower the heat to moderate and cook until the shallots are tender, 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, then cook for 3 minutes longer until wine has evaporate. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Stir in cheese.
- To assemble, spoon the mushroom mixture on the crostini and garnish with parsley.
Yields 12 Servings