We're open for shopping on Saturday, September 15th. If you were evacuated from the coast, bring your id. You get 20% OFF!
Winter Lettuce Salad with Pears and Champagne Vinaigrette
Date: February 12, 2016
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 pears, slightly firm
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, toss together mixed greens and baby spinach. Arrange on a serving platter and sprinkle almonds and cranberries evenly over surface.
- Rinse pears and quarter them, removing center core. Thinly slice them and arrange them over salad greens. Place in refrigerator to chill, until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, honey, lemon and Dijon mustard. While vigorously whisking slowly drizzle in the olive oil, to create a thick emulsion.
- When ready for service drizzle dressing over arranged salad and serve at the table.
Yields: 6 servings