NEW! Le Creuset Spring Collection–preorder your cocotte today!
Winter White Root Vegetable Mash
Date: February 17, 2016
- 1 celery root peeled and cut into 1-in pieces
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-in pieces
- 1-2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-in pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4-1/2 cup whole milk, warmed
- Salt, pepper, and Applewood bacon smoked salt
- Herbs for garnish
- In a saucepan, toss together the potatoes and parsnips. In another saucepan, add the celery root. Add enough cold water to cover the vegetables in each saucepan by 1 inch. Add a generous amount of salt to each pan.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Then cook at a low boil, stirring occasionally, until tender (~20 minutes for the potato-parsnips and ~30 minutes for the celery root). Drain well.
- Using a potato ricer, press the vegetables into a bowl. Add the butter and stir until melted. Add the milk and beat with a fork until smooth. Add more milk as needed, then season with salts and pepper.
- Put mixture in a piping bag with large tip and pipe onto plate, garnishing with herbs.
Yields: 6 servings