Lodge cast iron sale - 20% OFF all pieces! Friday, September 21st - Sunday, September 23rd.
Wonton Soup with Pork and Shrimp Filling
Soups & Sandwiches
Date: June 7, 2017
- 1 pound of ground pork
- ½ pound shrimp, deveined and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chicken powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup scallion, cilantro and dry seaweed, optional
- One package of wonton skin
- 4 cans of chicken broth
- Mix together the first 9 ingredients, ground pork through sesame oil, in a large mixing bowl.
- Place a wonton skin on a flat surface, and add the mixed stuffing on a spot that is about ⅓ from the narrow side. Roll the narrow side towards the wider side; leaving a half-inch unrolled, then pinch two sides together with water.
- Cook the wontons in the boiling broth over moderately high heat for about 5 to 8 minutes and serve in a soup bowl with garnish (scallion, cilantro and/or seaweed).
Yield: 4-6 Servings