We're open for shopping on Saturday, September 15th. If you were evacuated from the coast, bring your id. You get 20% OFF!
Date: February 12, 2016
- 10 oz cake flour
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 6 oz unsalted butter
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- 4 oz buttermilk
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift or whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- Mix together the buttermilk, vanilla and oil.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and yolks to butter mixture and mix until homogeneous.
- Add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk mixture, alternating 1/3 dry, ½ buttermilk mixture and ending with dry ingredients.
- Place batter in two 8 inch cake pans that have been buttered and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before torting and filling.
Yields: 2 8 inch cakes